Monday, January 23, 2012

Name Changes and Other Things

Paying attention to my character navigation bar on the side, you'll notice that Buttske and Zelgadiss are both gone and replaced with two new-comers.

Buttske was originally a human male created by my close friend Caleb "Buttske" Breske. After moving away from my hometown, I kept the character alive. After playing him to level cap and gearing him, I realized that he needed a change or I wasn't going to be able to keep playing him. Especially since Caleb himself stop going by "Buttske," I decided to do a re-character customization. He went from being a gremlin-mouthed, ginger, human male.. To a pixie-cut, lean, aesthetically-pleasing, female night elf; named Laviana.

Zelgadiss was my originally toon way back when I first started playing World of Warcraft, on my own account. My first true toon was Xardion the Paladin under Corie's account. I played him to level 18 in the week I stayed with her over a break, went back home, bought WoW, and started my own. Xardion eventually got deleted from her account and recreated on my own, and then deleted and recreated again when Death Knights emerged, but we're getting off-topic here.
Corie's computer was pretty crappy back then, so I didn't realize just how Zelgadiss looked until I started playing on a more updated machine. Holy shit, was I ever a horrible character designed. I kept with him until I reached 85, geared him a bit, and then realized.. I seriously couldn't look at his ugly mug anymore. Also, I hate helmets. So I gender-swapped him, because a simple re-customization just wasn't going to fit that gargantuan and ugly night elf male model. He became Sollexi, with a form to match the class.

Maybe if Blizzard ever implements body sizes, I'll change Sollexi back. If night elves could have the lean forms of blood elves, my original idea behind Zelgadiss would work, but until then.. He's a girl.

As of now, only Railene and Arcia haven't gone through some sort of change.
     - Paragon was originally a dwarf named Ilgrid.
     - Xardion was originally a paladin, then he died and became a death knight.
     - We just went over Laviana/Buttske.
     - We just went over Zelgadiss/Sollexi.

These are also all of my current level 85 toons. I have an up-and-coming Horde Paladin, as well as a Draenei Shaman, but to get them to 85.. I'd actually have to play them.

I'm also currently participating in what was originally called the "Hardmode Reroll." Reroll a character on the underdog side of an unbalanced PvP server and level it to 85 and become a progressively competitive guild in the raiding and PvP scene. That character is currently level 34. I should create progress blog-posts about her. I probably will, to keep my goal in mind as I play her.

So.. a revamp of new content, new ideas, and more information. Looks like this blog now has something for me to actually work with and toward. Hurray goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment