Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Failed Expectations

As you've probably noticed, those of you who follow this blog and those of you who gracious click the links on my Facebook and Twitter feeds as I post them there, that I have failed to make an update in quite some time.

I've been working more at my job as a general manager at a movie theatre, plus the reroll thing collapsed in upon itself, and my goal to hit each holiday as it came in 2012 flopped pretty hardcore. As it's five months in and I haven't made a single post yet.

I don't know how I should really feel about getting back into the swing of things, it's seems more and more like blogging just isn't something I'm ever going to be good at. I have a secret project I've been working on for sometime that requires very little actual effort on my part but I've been waiting on other people to get back with me with my requests before I can continue that venture. The links at the top of my blog still lead to "dead-ends" because I haven't finished compiling all of the information/pictures/anythings that are supposed to go there.

Rough calculations..
24 hours x 7 days = 168 hours in a week
168 hours - 52 work hours = 116 hours
116 hours - (generous estimate of 6 hours of sleep x 7 days) = 74 hours
74 hours of free time a week = roughly 3 days worth of free time. One of those days being maintenance day, like today.
My 'Mondays' start on Thursday and my 'Friday' is Monday, where I pull a 16.5+ hour shift. It seems like I'd have the time to actually get something done with that "much" free time on my hands, but it doesn't ever work out that way.

I have good news and bad news though, sorta.

The good news is that I recently purchased a new computer and am waiting on its delivery. With it's arrival, I can begin coupling my blogs with my gaming vlog project. I want to start creating gaming vlogs of me playing F2P, P2P, and other such games so that people can get a peek into games that they wouldn't normally play. It'll also make it so I have a two computer setup, so I can make accurate accounts of what I'm doing in-game while actually doing it. Which would have helped a helluva lot more when I was still doing the reroll journal on Kutira.

The bad news is that I recently started playing the new MMO TERA, which has been distracting me away from WoW a bit. My only issue with TERA right now is that it's not allowing me to create more than one character per server, much like the restrictions on the Beta. I've contacted their customer support and am just waiting on a response. Hopefully this gets corrected soon, either by some technical wizardry on their end or with my new computer, so I can start messing around with the other classes over there. While I adore the Warrior class in TERA, I don't want to be restricted to a single class.

The sorta good news that goes along with the bad news though, is that I can begin expanding this blog to go over more than just World of Warcraft. Which opens up the possibility of more blog topics and gives me more things to talk about than just the random holiday events and whatever other WoW topics I normally go over.

No comments:

Post a Comment