Friday, October 8, 2010

Continuation of the First

Malygos Needs To Die!

Man, I love it when it's this weekly. I get to prove my superiority over the rest of the Lotharian community during Weekly PuGs.

Eye of Eternity truly is a fail for pugs. It's kind of like Anub'arak in Trial of the Crusader 25, PuGs can get to him, but they rarely ever get him down. Now, Malygos isn't on that scale of failure for PuGs, but it's definitely up there.

First off, you need a key. A key from Naxx 10, or 25 depending on the version of EoE you're doing. Unless you actually did Naxx pre-Uld, no one knows where to get this key. I raided Naxx, I have the key on my warrior main. It's cool, none of my alts have it, no biggy, someone usually does. Sadly, people don't know that it requires a key, and set up a PuG, and never ask. So you have 10 people sitting in Eye of Eternity.. With no key. Waste of time, Raid Leader is an idiot.

Now.. Phase 1 is easy. Burn him, keep sparks out of his mouth (I love it when DKs and/or Ranged fail to take care of this and a melee ends up downing it)

Phase 2.. Ugh. Everyone can be bad here. I've seen melee on disks fly down into the bubbles before deep breaths, when they aren't can't be hurt by it. I've seen melee NOT get on disks when they drop. And I've even seen ranged not shoot at the Scions. How does this work. It's the EASIEST idea. Kill things dead and move on.

Phase 3. Oh boy. My favorite part. No sarcasm, it really is. My friend can attest to this.. I've been in Phase 3 with a PuG to where I was the only person alive and was spam-healing myself, shielding, and hitting him with the fireball+flame burst combo. For.. About.. Five minutes? Maybe less, now that I realize how short the Berserk timer is at this point. So maybe three and a half minutes. The group had to demand I kill myself so we could try again. And then I got put in charge of leading everyone during Phase 3 due to how well I handle myself.

Now the part that irks me about Phase 3.. The Flame Burst DoT stacks. Most people try to enforce the three combo point DoT stack; so 1+1+1+2. I do a five combo point stack; 1+1+1+1+1+2. So how is it I can get my stack alone to 17+ stacks of the DoT on a five point combo, while people only doing three points can only get to 8.. 10.. 13? I'm wasting more time on my fireballs and ending up further ahead in the end.

How can people be so horrible at Phase 3 that a single person's damage can out-do everyone else's? I can even heal Phase 3 and get my Fireball stacks higher than the people that are supposed to be DPSing. Oy oy oy..

No comments:

Post a Comment