Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Shattering

Patch 4.0.1 hits today. Lots of people are excited, lots of people are less so. I'm more in between than anything.

I've been playing for 5 1/2 years now..
Learned how to rock the charts with Fury and be "decent" with Protection on my Warrior..
Learned the ways of facerolling with Retribution, how to throw out heals with Holy, and own everything with Protection on my Paladin..
Learned the ways of the now null Blood DPS spec, taught myself to enjoy a pet with Unholy, and even attempted to learn the ways around proc-spec of Frost on my Death Knight..
Learned how to spam spells for repetitious procs with DoTs through Balance and how efficient Swipe-Spam is for Feral (Bear) on my Druid..
Leveled with the critical mass of pewpew that is Fire, ignored Frost, and came to enjoy Arcane with my Mage..

And now everything that I've learned is out the window and I have to start to re-learn the classes I already figured out how to play, once again. I know that this is what Blizzard was working toward achieving when they decided to go back to Azeroth and revamp the landscape. It's pretty much a new beginning to the game.

New talants, redone trees, new abilities, new rotations, stat updates and changes..

It's all about starting over, really. Or that's how I see it to be. But I don't want to have to start over again. I already did that once.

I know that in the end my opinion doesn't matter and that this is going to turn out to be wonderful for the Blizzard gaming market and that this, for all intents and purposes, actually makes it very easy for Blizzard to keep pumping out expansions for World of Warcraft without having to pull an Everquest and make a II.

No comments:

Post a Comment